BMS Design Ltd specialise in converting physical parts into usable digital CAD data, known as Reverse Engineering.
The Reverse Engineering process consists of;
1. 3D scan of physical parts : This produces a series of dots in space know as cloud point data or .stl file.
2. Conversion of 3D scan data into parametric 3D CAD model : AKA Data Processing.
Over the past 10 years BMS Design Ltd have converted 1000’s of raw STL data (3D scan) files into sold surface parametric 3D CAD models. Originating from our race car design expertise, our reverse engineering services fulfill requirements as diverse as oil rig emergency repairs to product design and prototyping and from data storage to analysis.
BMS Design Ltd Reverse Engineering Services : How it works
Scan data is converted into parametric theoretically perfect CAD models (Design Intent) meaning it has perfect radius fillets and flat surfaces. CAD data can be output in various formats including native SolidWorks .prt .sldrp .stp .xt (Parasolid) .igs (IGES).stl.cgr (CATIA).dwg (DWG) .dxf (DXF) .amf (Additive Manufacturing File).
All BMS Design Ltd reverse engineering projects are validated with a Geometric Quality Verification Reports to compare how close the new CAD model is in relation to the scan data.
Once the CAD has been created the models can then be used for design engineering, creating assemblies, converted into 2D working drawings, directly manufactured and or 3D Printed.
Why use BMS Design Ltd for Reverse Engineering?
• We provide an end to end service (scan to manufacture)
• Aim to deliver all CAD models within 24 hours, next day.
• Will beat or match any official quotation.
• Work with and support various 3D scanning specialists.
• Work with large blue chip clients who have their own scanners who need their data processing quickly.
• Issue a geometric tolerance report showing you precisely how far the scan data is away from the new CAD model.
• Have hands on practical experience of the full design/ manufacturing life cycle so we are able to see and fix potential issues before our clients do.
• Enjoy exceeding expectations and not stopping until we have 100% customer satisfaction, related revisions will be carried out free of charge.
• Delivered over 4000 parts and serve various 3D scanning suppliers.
• BMS are the UKs leading reverse engineering service provider.