Working for a client who provides solutions for the aircraft maintenance industry including component repair & overhaul, piece part manufacture and aircraft fuel tank repair, BMS originated 3D scan data and converted this into a 3D parametric CAD model of this supplied aircraft landing gear door. Quality checks and a verification report was completed and the files were issued to the client in .step .xt and native SolidWorks format.
The project brief:
“We have an Aircraft landing gear door which we need to manufacture to the same dimensions as in-service doors. Would you be able to create a 3D CAD drawing to model the outer skin of the door we have?”
The BMS Design Ltd solution:
- Issue quotation.
- Clarify deliverables/ requirements; required output file type, design intent.
- Receive PO.
- Receive components in post.
- Inspect component for any signs of damage prior to processing.
- 3D scan components.
- Convert scan data into parametric 3D CAD model.
- Quality check CAD model.
- Produce component verification report/ compare CAD to scan data.
- Issue files to the client in .step .xt and native SolidWorks format.
Can we help?
BMS have specialised in 3D scanning and 3D CAD modelling services for over 10 years. Our precision engineering background ensures we project manage and deliver the most complex of projects from concept to manufacture and ensure they are on time and on budget. If you have a requirement for a 3D scan or 3D CAD model of an aircraft bodypart or component or any other aerospace, automotive, engineering or manufacturing component or part, please get in touch with us here at BMS Design Ltd to discuss how we can deliver a solution.